Saturday 2 June 2018

Besties

There’s this hole in my chest when I think about you lately. You’re not there anymore… well, you’re there, but you’re not you. We’ve both changed, I can’t deny it. But change is inevitable, so we just have to accept it.

You used to be my rock; the light in my life when everything else was dark, and now I can hardly see where I’m going. The one person that led me through one of the toughest times in my life, the one who held the torch and hit away the demons, she’s run off into the distance and now all I can see is a mere speck of light. So far that I don’t know if I’m ever going to reach her again. I want to. Believe me.

I’ve tried. You’ve tried. But it’s like we don’t fit anymore. Like we’ve both changed and molded so much into people that were not meant to be - people that no longer fit together like we used to. Someone once told us that they could only dream of having a friendship like ours, and now that’s all it feels like it was. A dream.

I don’t know what to do. And I don’t think you know what to do either. All I know is I don’t think I can handle this hole in my heart any more. Please come back and fill the cracks that you once filled before.

It’s not that I need you in order to be me anymore. I’ve learned who I am, and who I’m not. I know what I want, where I’m going. I no longer need someone to guide me through life, protecting me from the harsh ways of the world, I just want my best friend back.

**THE END**

No comments:

Post a Comment