Sunday 15 October 2017

"Your're so Silly"

"You're so silly sometimes 
Last night you squeaked like rusty hinges 
when I said that I called for no other reason 
than to breathe your voice 
You're so silly that I want to 
kiss and lick and suck the peaches of your mouth 
the plum of your chin 
the papaya of your neck 
the two tiny raisins on your chest 
the wrinkled pips of your belly-button 
and then move on south 
to the wild orchards of those not-so-silly places
You're so silly that 
I want to spend insane hours with you 
blowing across your plains and your valleys
I want to spoil you silly but don't worry 
I know how you retreat like mimosa when I do it 
in front of other people 
because you're funny that way
And when we're together 
I have to remind myself that 
you like to be the forbidden castle sometimes
shut out from the world by moats teeming with crocodiles
even though next to you
just two skins away 
is a woman who thinks that you’re her bridge
to the clouds and the moon 
on a journey filled with sweet little sillinesses 
And that's when I think that you're not just being silly 
but plain stupid"


credit : Yasmin Ahmad

No comments:

Post a Comment